Politics and a 'Pint'
(Wednesday, November 21, 2012)
|Meeting type:||Social event|
|Date:||Wednesday, November 21, 2012|
|Time:||7.00pm - 9.00pm|
As you nibble on a nut or crisp the Possibilities include:
- The Education system. Plenty to chew on there from banning foreign students, to exam regimes, changes to school funding and much, much more
- Europe. Apparently we are planning to ditch the European arrest warrant and much more (or is it a double bluff to keep Tory/possible UKIP Right wingers happy and something which will not happen?) We are selecting our MEP candidates shortly what do they think, how do we see them to question them? What about the Euro? Should we have more member states or less? More political integration or less? Nothing there then!
- The Environment. David Cameron announced Government financial support for Fracking for Gas. (Vote Blue - Go Nuts with the environment?) Is it sound economic sense or environmental madness?
- Nuclear power what if any role should it have going forward?
- Local Issues. The statue, to sell or retain, will the Town museum be an outcast if it is sold. If sold should the money support the future of the museums or be spent elsewhere? The Delapre Abbey 'battlefield' site. To build or not to build?, that is the question. The Loss of the Fish Market and the "Doomed to fail" new bus station (Local Government Officers say) on the site. To name but a few.
- To Meet with friends, make new ones and Learn something. Not only good company, the chance to have a drink alcoholic or soft as you choose, and the chance to add to your understanding of the issues that you are interested in, may be asked about on the doorstep or where you may want to influence any Councillors that are able to join us.
Sounds good to me and I hope you will come along and make it a Lively and Stimulating evening.
If you are a registered user of the Liberal Democrats' Connect Virtual Phone Bank, please help by making a few calls:
Related organisations and people
No attendees or lifts are registered yet.
David Garlick, 01604 633009,
|Meeting address:||120 Kingsley Park Terrace, Northampton, NN2 7HJ|
Note: the location pins show the rough location of the Social event, not the exact location.
Register for further informationRegister or log in to be able to see email contact details or add comments and register for email news about this Social event.
Add a comment
Sorry. You need to be registered and logged in with a verified email address to post a comment.